This toothpaste has a creamy consistency with a refreshing minty/lemon flavour. Plus it can help to remineralise teeth, keeps gums healthy and whitens teeth at the same time.
Free from glycerin (which stops your teeth from remineralising).
Contrary to it's bright yellow colour, organic Turmeric is an ancient tooth-whitener and is incredibly good for gums. It is higly recommended for it's anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have evaluated the effectiveness of turmeric in controlling gingival inflammation & found it beneficial for the use of effectively treating gingivitis and reducing inflammation.
To use, put a little onto your toothbrush and your brush your teeth as usual.
Healing organic Bentonite clay is a polishing cleanser that has been used for centuries. It binds to and draws out heavy metals and toxins (a huge plus for the mouth!), but it is alkaline and full of minerals. Bentonie clay is also known to have an abundance of minerals, including calcium, magnesium, silica, sodium, copper, iron and potassium.
- Baking soda is a stain remover, whitener, gentle abrasive that helps to remove plaque and polish, clean, and deodorize your teeth, plus it's antimicrobial, and contains tons of minerals. Baking soda is not too abrasive for teeth, as this study shows.
- Organic Coconut oil attacks the harmful bacteria in your mouth. It can reduce plaque buildup, prevent tooth decay and fight gum disease. For these reasons, oil pulling or brushing your teeth with coconut oil can significantly improve oral and dental health.
- Organic kawakawa (Macropiper excelsum, Māori Pepper Tree) is a traditional Rongoā Māori treatment used for toothache, plus it is anti-inflammatory.
- Trace minerals in Himalayan Sea Salt can be helpful for oral health and for remineralizing teeth. Himalayan salt acts as a natural teeth whitener by abrading the tartar which forms cavities. The results obtained by simply gargling with a solution of Himalayan salt mixed in water called “Brine” or sole are undeniable. The active salt component of the solution is not only beneficial for teeth enamel but it’s also very healthy for the gums. It can also help eliminate bad breath, bleeding of the gums and reduce tartar from between the teeth. The most common problem that leads to teeth enamel being eroded is over acidity in the mouth, gargling with Himalayan salt brine will help build a pH neutral mouth flora guarding gums and teeth enamel.
- Preliminary studies show that using Peppermint and/or Spearmint oil for oral hygiene can help delay the process of gum disease and gingivitis. Using these oils in combination with normal routines such as brushing and flossing can actually help delay the process of gum disease and gingivitis. While it is not solely a contributor for reversing the disease, there are properties within the oils that have been found to be calming and relaxing to the tissue. We found that there actually is a decrease in the bleeding when you would normally brush and floss. It helps increase some of the circulation to the gums so the blood flow to the gums is increased making the gums easier to keep clean and certainly more comfortable. And peppermint/spearmint oils have antibacterial properties which can also help reduce the incidents of the bacteria that’s found within gum disease and also tooth decay.